Limited places available – go to Conference booking
Unite CYPW Section National Conference
Eastbourne, 16 – 18th October 2015
WHO IS THIS CONFERENCE FOR?
This conference is open to both Unite members and those working within children’s and young people’s services. It offers a major opportunity for the training and professional development of a wide range of practitioners, managers and policy makers. There will be opportunities for training, and development, networking and sharing good practice. The conference will also offer a varied choice of structured workshops and opportunities to discuss policy with interactive Q&A sessions with a varied range of guest speakers & facilitators.
TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Our programme is geared to advancing the occupational and professional development of youth workers and play workers and will include the following topics:
- Targeted youth work – working with young people at risk – Vanessa Rogers
- Lessons from Rotherham: Preventing Child Exploitation – Graeme Tiffany, FDYW
- Working with Young people and aware of Sexual Orientation and identity – Chris Dye
- Social Citizens: Getting Young people Voting and lessons from Scotland – Sawsan Bastawy, Bite the Ballot
- Working with young people to create for positive relationships – Vanessa Rogers
- The value of detached youth work in austere times – Graeme Tiffany, Independant Education Consultant
- Safeguarding and building resilience: making the right choices – Chris Dye
There are also opportunities for youth sector organisations to exhibit – please see here for details – Sponsorship & Exhibitor Information
Conference opens at 2pm on Friday 16th (with registration starting at 12 midday) and closes at 1pm on Sunday 18th.